Medical waste treatment
An innovative system that uses saturated steam as a sterilization agent to kill micro-organisms and treat hospital medical waste.
CISA’s solution for infection control in medical waste includes in an line shredding/sterilizing system to provide maximum output with minimal inconvenience. A new system of managing hospital and laboratory bio-hazard waste with Aquazero pump integrated to reduce consumption to the lowest level achievable today.
Medical Waste Treatment (MWT)
An international distribution agreement with ALS Angelantoni Life Science has added their powerful WASTER MWT solutions to our range of products. Waster models use embedded sterilization chamber inside shredder for a safe MWT. The machines are designed with industrial grade components for higher safety and guaranteed reliability, easy maintenance and cheap running costs.
- The operator puts the material to be treated inside the loading window, placed above the system, directly inside the shredder's hopper, opening the loading door.
- If the automatic function is activated, the system starts the shredding phase automatically after the door is closed. The waste is processed by automatic shredding into small pieces (in order to ease the steam penetration inside the machine) and allowed to fall by gravity into the sterilization chamber. After the chamber is completely loaded (measured by a sensor), the shredder stops and the sterilizer begins the sterilization cycle for pathogenic waste.
- The operator starts the specific cycle using the touch screen control panel on the front of the machine. The monitor displays useful information and messages for the operator. Both cycles are pre-set up on 3 – 3.5 bar (absolute pressure) and sterilization phase time of 5-10 minutes.
- The system starts the sterilization cycle automatically. The waste is treated with high pressure saturated steam, 134°C or 138°C cycles.
- When the cycle is over, the bottom door opens automatically and the sterilized waste falls down and is gathered inside a trolley.
As an option, sterilized waste can be pushed inside plastic bags. The operator starts the suction system with a start button. The suction hose takes away the waste from the bottom of the machine and puts them automatically inside specific bags.
- The operator takes the sterilized materials and can manage the treated waste like urban waste, according to the laws of the country.
QUALITY & SAFETY
The MWT sanitary waste sterilizer complies with the Machinery Directive 2006/42 / EC and the Directives 2004/108 / EC (CEM) and 2006/95 / EC (DBT).
It also complies with the following electrical codes: IEC 61010-1: 2013, IEC 61010-2040: 2005, IEC 60204-1: 2010. Pressure tanks comply with PED Directive 2014/68 / EU.